A New Lease on Life for Old Items
The Regional Landfill has a "Take it or Leave it" shed located just to the right of the scale house as you drive in. In the spirit of our mandate to extend the life of the landfill, this program lets customers drop off or pick up items that can be put to use. This is only part of the landfill from which materials can be taken.
If you have any questionable items, please contact us BEFORE bringing them to the Take it or Leave it shed.
- Day to day/Seasonal Décor
- Dishes and glassware
- Gardening Tools
- Gently used construction materials
- Hard shelled suitcases
- Home repair tools
- Small appliances
- Sport equipment (NOT including protective gear/underclothing)
- Toys (unstuffed)
- Air conditioners
- Bedding including pillows
- Car seats
- Construction debris
- Hazardous materials/products
- Large appliances
- Opened hygiene/body products
- Protective gear/underclothing
- Soft shelled suitcases
- Stuffed toys
- Upholstered pet bedding/furniture
Propane tanks cannot be disposed of in the landfill; however, we do accept all propane tanks (including 1lbs and helium tanks) as recyclable items and store them separately.
There's a special part of the Regional Landfill and transfer sites dedicated to white metals; bikes; BBQs; tires; and propane tanks.